Monday 9 March 2015

                                     Congratulations to the new AJK members
                                                              AND
                                                     Goodbye from me

The 2015 AGM   started at around 2.45 and completed smoothly  around 6.30pm .
Thanks to all the 330+ parents who attended plus the teaching staff of 107 . There were VIPs from JPS as well as representatives from the  Board of Governors  .

Congratulations  to all the winners of the election. From my personal point of view , it was an excellent outcome  because the new PIBG committee members including the Advisor (HM) are all NEW.

I urge parents to give them space and time for them to work . With the caliber of the new members and their personal pledges given to the members during the AGM , I am certain the  2015 PIBG will go down in history as one of the most successful PIBGs

I take this opportunity to thank the  readers of this blog and other parents who have contributed  tremendously for the betterment of our society . Likewise , I like to apologize to anyone who has been adversely  affected or offended by the contents of my articles for I meant no malice .


As usual HAPPY PARENTING
Ken Koo

09/03/2015

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear PART

Thank you for the article . Can you please continue to provide coverage on PIBG. I see latest notice from school/PIBG regarding activities contain 20 fee paying activities. Is LH acting like a private school? While the fees are lower than most private schools but the number of participants often exceed 30 in most of the uniform activities . For private schools , participants are limited to no more than 10 per group per grade the same applies to some of the SJKC (such as TTSS )where the numbers are monitored .

What happened to free activities ? Most activities at SRK are conducted by their own teachers so the fees are minimum. LH seemed to be stressing on quantity over quality and parents have to pay over the top for uniforms / shoes/ material

Which idiots set the fees ? RM82 and RM99 to create additional work for teachers and parents alike ?

Why must my children pay the fees to teachers when the only relevant contact is the coach/tutor. I want to meet the coach or at least know my children have attended the classes with some form of attendance card which can also be a receipt or feedback from the coach. Paying fees directly to the coaches can also reduce the administrative work load for teachers with most of them have nothing to do with these activities. I believe the coaches must have at least 1 or 2 sessions meeting with the parents .

I have to vent my frustration to this blog because there is no other venue . I have no idea what PIBG is doing other than keep sending notices about fees .

Very frustrated parent with 2 kids in year 5 and 3