Thursday 12 March 2015

Letters from Parents

After the PIBG AGM, I've received many emails/messages, with the permission of the senders, I decided to share a few of them


***************************************************************
Dear Mr Chairman

It is not very often in Malaysia one man can actually do so much to change a bad system. Like many cynical parents in Lick Hung , I thought this was another scandal where nothing will be done . Kudos to your persistence . I have been in this school for 10 years and I agree with you totally that the school never followed the rules . The fact that we now have a parent acting as  treasurer shows that our ex HM Mr Tan lied to us for many years . Please help us make sure the new people will follow the rules .

******************************************************************************************
Dear Mr Koo
I am a relatively new parent with 2 years in LICK HUNG . This was my second AGM . Thank you for restoring some semblance of order . Having read your speech ( I could only hear part of it and interchanging between languages half way did not help as well), I now have a better appreciation of what you were trying to do- to restore peace by high-lighting the positive of everyone including your opponents . While that was admirable, why did you not take the opportunity  to present the evidence to the participants ? We want to see the unauthorised accounts ?  Who were the signatories ? There was  one lady  who asked you a similar question but you appeared to downplay the seriousness of the issue .

I find it strange that the “revelation “ was so widely publicised and yet there was nothing given out during the meeting ? Is that the end of it ??  Did you really mean that you want to forget everything and move on . From what I heard , you had a terrible time with the school .  Why Was the old Headmaster transferred  so suddenly and there was no official announcement from the school ? He appeared to be a friendly person and my son says he was very good to the children.

I also  find it odd that having achieved what you promised –greater transparency  -Parent treasurer and having one PIBG bank account , you suddenly announced you did not want to participate anymore. A few of the parents sitting next to me were absolutely stunt .  

I hope you have not lost interest in PIBG because we need people like you , outspoken and willing to take on the administration of the school . I find some of the teachers in the school very intimating and rude but I am too scared to say anything . Unfortunately , it is very common for teachers to single out your child if you dare to complain .  Talking to other parents , I heard  this school is one of the worst. Hopefully the new Headmistress will be able to control some of these teachers .

I hope you can continue to help us to conduct our PIBG meeting , you are very firm and decisive and very clear with the explanation and fair to everyone. I still do not understand an elderly man trying to say about the lari amal account . With my limited Mandarin , he did not appear to say if we still have money ? There was also one man  who shouted and screaming . Please be polite especially in front of the children .

The meeting was too long so I did not know what was discussed after the election . I hope you can continue to provide regular updates because the school does not appear to tell us anything other than some flyers which my son simply throws away.


Thank you

2 comments:

Admin said...


Who are the new PIBG Committee? I don't see any news after the AGM. I had to leave early even before the election (unfortunately) although both my husband and I tried to hang on until 4pm and were late for our next appointment.
From my observation, the meeting was held back due to many parents trying to get the Chairman to shed some light to what actually happen to the previous HM and the PIBG. I agree that it may not be a good idea to explain or answer to the questions in the AGM but it is still important to do it. My suggestion is to hold another session (e.g. forum) with a panel of people to give clear explanations so that parents do not depend on rumours or the social media for the information and invite all those who are interested to attend (including HM & teachers). I think understand the problem & weaknesses, improve on them and not repeat the mistakes is very important in order to move forward.
From a Parent

Unknown said...

Dear Year 2 parent

The man who shouted said " if you dont trust the school - dont donate -once you donate , dont ask" or something like that.
The elderly chat just talked nonsense-not prepared to answer a simple question what happened to the money -the very same group of people who expect you to trust .

I think they are right -dont donate if you dont trust . Nobody forced you to do it. By the way , the bulk of the donations come from year 1 and 2 parents who had no clue but after a while they will stop also . Those who shout very loud normally do not donate and if they do , they will find a way to get it back either in contracts or in fame ...
Anyway like the YDP said, he wss the key man in this saga, if he was prepared to let it go , so should we . Afterall , most of us did absolutely nothing to change the system. Honestly most of us do not really care because we expected the system to rotten.
May be we should also take a more proactive role now we have a new HM and the worst is behind us .

From Many years in LH